Outreach is the practice of reaching out to other websites or online platforms to establish connections and promote your own website’s content. The primary goal of SEO outreach campaigns is to build backlinks, which are hyperlinks from external websites to your site. These backlinks are valuable because search engines like Google consider them as a vote of confidence in your content’s quality and authority, which can positively impact your website’s search engine rankings.
Expanding Outreach to Social Media
Outreach on social media refers to the practice of reaching out to individuals or organisations through various social media platforms to achieve specific goals. This can encompass a range of activities and objectives, and it’s a common strategy for businesses, individuals, and organisations to engage with their target audience, promote their products or services, and build brand awareness.
Sometimes, we find social media outreach still effective in some places. This goes for social media groups like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Twitch, Linkedin etc. Each social platform has its own algorithm to protect from spammers. Reaching out in small numbers is never a problem. Once reaching out to 10+ connections, we start to see accounts getting blocked or slowed down.
Why A Social Media SEO Outreach Campaign is Successful
- Engaging with the Audience: Social media outreach often involves responding to comments, messages, and mentions from your audience. It’s about fostering a sense of community and actively participating in conversations related to your brand or industry.
- Building Relationships: It’s essential to establish and nurture relationships with influencers, partners, and potential customers. Engaging with these individuals can lead to collaborations, endorsements, or partnerships that benefit your brand.
- Content Promotion: Sharing your content, such as blog posts, videos, or infographics, is a vital aspect of social media outreach. You can share your content with your followers and also reach out to influencers and ask them to share or comment on it.
- Customer Support: Many businesses use social media outreach to provide customer support and address inquiries or concerns from their customers. Responding promptly and professionally can enhance your brand’s reputation.
- Influencer Marketing: This strategy involves identifying influencers in your niche and reaching out to them to promote your products or services. Influencers can have a significant impact on your brand’s visibility and credibility.
- Networking: Social media platforms provide a convenient way to network with professionals in your industry. You can join groups, participate in discussions, and connect with like-minded individuals to expand your network.
Outreach on social media is a versatile strategy used for a variety of purposes, including engagement, relationship-building, content promotion, customer support, and marketing. It’s a valuable tool for businesses and individuals looking to connect with their audience and achieve their objectives in the digital space.
Taking Outreach with a Traditional Approach
Another SEO strategy example is traditional link building outreach. Still very effective for local campaigns, picking up the phone and contacting local business oftentimes is the best method. We combine this with a follow up summary email to strengthen the outreach efforts.
Either method, an outreach strategy is very effective when done right to build high quality backlinks and improve the legitimacy of your site.
Getting Started with Outreach
We recommend using a company email or setting up a new Gmail account that is relevant to your industry. A new Gmail account helps to prevent your company from being detected as spam but requires a new phone number for verification. For businesses using Gmail Business App, we create new Gmail accounts within a few clicks.
Before sending out the very first email to any target website, we test our outreach template to pass most spam filters first. For this test, we like using: gmass.co/inbox.
It has a combination of old and new Gmail accounts with different spam filters setup. This will help to quickly understand what part of our outreach template is not working well.
At Integral Media, as an outreach SEO agency, we know how to create and effectively manage your Gmail accounts. When you work with us, you can feel confident that your company will be properly set up online, ensuring legitimacy and allowing you to have a successful outreach campaign.
Perfecting Our SEO Outreach Email Template
Oftentimes, the best replies come back from a very simple outreach template. We do not want to oversell and become pushy on our emails.
We like to keep curiosity going… This allows more room for engagement in different topics, and webmasters will instantly know that we are humans like them. We find more positive email responses by doing so. Here are some tips for crafting an email template that will help you create a successful SEO outreach campaign:
- Using Name
- Stay Relevant
- Be Nice
- Appreciate Their Time
- Shorter Emails (but a higher engagement rate)
Following Up Emails
When it comes to outreach, following up with your contacts is often as important as the initial outreach itself. A well-crafted follow-up email can significantly increase your response rates and engagement. Here are some tips for following up effectively:
- Personalisation: Customise your follow-up emails based on the previous interactions. Mention any specific points or questions discussed in your initial outreach.
- Timing: Be strategic about when you send follow-ups. A gentle reminder after a few days or a week can be more effective than bombarding the recipient with immediate follow-ups.
- Value Proposition: Emphasise the value you can offer. Highlight what’s in it for them if they respond or take the desired action.
Effective conversation management is crucial for nurturing potential leads and building relationships. Here are some practices to manage conversations effectively:
- Organise Contacts: Use CRM tools to keep track of your outreach contacts. This helps you maintain a record of conversations and follow-ups.
- Active Listening: Pay attention to the responses you receive and adapt your communication accordingly. Address questions and concerns promptly.
- Multi-Channel Engagement: Don’t rely solely on email. Engage in conversations on social media or other platforms where your target audience is active.
Outreach Content Creation
Creating compelling outreach content is the backbone of a successful strategy. Ensure your content aligns with your niche or topic. Here’s how:
- Research and Relevance: Thoroughly research your target audience and their interests. Craft content that’s relevant to their needs or pain points.
- Clear Value Proposition: Clearly communicate what sets your content or offer apart. Explain how it benefits the recipient or their audience.
- A/B Testing: Experiment with different outreach content to see what resonates best with your audience. Continuously refine your approach based on results.
This should be something relevant that both websites can connect to. It does not make sense if we try to push an article live that is not suitable for the outreach website, same for the target website we want to credit back.
For improving SEO rankings, we recommend looking for webmasters who accept topics that mention target keywords in the topic title. This way we ensure that the content is most relevant.
The first question when start writing or looking at the content is probably this for most people:
- 500 words,
- 1000 words
- 1500 words
- 2000-4000 words
- 10,000 words
How do we determine the content length? Most websites are happy with 400-500 words.
If we consider SEO into this, we want to create content that is the best version of that topic on the internet. Sometimes this is 500 words, sometimes you are going for 3000 words. This all depends on top ranking websites on Google.
Get Approvals From Everyone Involved
In some outreach campaigns, you may need approvals from various stakeholders. Here’s how to manage this aspect:
- Clear Communication: Ensure all stakeholders are informed about the outreach strategy, its objectives, and their specific roles in the process.
- Timely Approvals: Set clear deadlines for approvals to prevent delays in the outreach campaign. Follow up on approvals if they are taking longer than expected.
Content Approval and Follow ups
If you’re reaching out for content approval, here’s how to streamline the process:
- Version Control: Keep clear records of different content versions and revisions. Use collaboration tools to simplify the approval process.
- Feedback Integration: Gather and implement feedback efficiently. Clearly communicate changes made based on feedback to maintain transparency.
Not just doing outreach to get live links
Remember that the best SEO outreach isn’t just about building links and securing a strong backlink profile; it’s about building relationships and providing value. Focus on the following:
- Content Promotion: Besides link acquisition, promote your content through social media, partnerships, and other channels to maximise its reach and impact.
- Long-Term Relationships: Think beyond one-off interactions. Cultivate long-term relationships with influencers, partners, and prospects in your niche.
Ensure that the content you create and the outreach you conduct remain relevant to your chosen niche or topic. This will increase the chances of success and build trust with your target audience.
Time Saving Outreach Tools
We love to make use of SEO tools to save time and accelerate repetitive processes. Feel free to try our recommendations or send more useful ones to be added to our list.
Copy All URLs
The extension “copy all urls” is designed to simplify the process of copying multiple URLs from open tabs in your web browser. It’s particularly useful when you have several tabs open and want to collect all the URLs for various purposes, such as saving them for future reference or sharing them with others.
It can be found in the Google Chrome Web Store using the provided URL: Copy All URLs Chrome Extension.
Advanced and often used Google Search Commands
“site:au” is a Google search operator that restricts search results to websites or web pages originating from Australia. When you use “site:au” followed by a keyword, Google will return search results from Australian websites that are relevant to that keyword. This command is not fixed and can be more specific depending on the type of website you are searching for.
“intitle:blog” is another Google search operator. When you use “intitle:” followed by a keyword, Google will return search results where the keyword appears in the title of web pages. In this case, it’s looking for web pages with “blog” in their title.
GMASS is often used for sending mass emails, managing email campaigns, and automating email-related tasks. It has features like personalisation, tracking, and scheduling for email outreach campaigns.
To learn more about GMASS and its specific features, you can visit the website at gmass.co.
Each of these tools and commands can be valuable for individuals and businesses looking to improve their online outreach and SEO efforts.
Contact Integral Media Today
At Integral Media, we are masters at creating a successful SEO campaign, no matter how large or small your company is. We understand the Google search algorithm and know how to get websites to the top of search engine results pages.
To get started on your SEO outreach process, contact us today.
What is Outreach in SEO?
Outreach is an essential component of SEO, as it helps you acquire backlinks, promote your content, build relationships, and ultimately enhance your website’s visibility and authority in search engine results.
Here’s how outreach relates to SEO:
- Backlink Acquisition: Outreach involves contacting website owners, bloggers, or other content creators and requesting them to link to your content. These backlinks can help improve your website’s authority and ranking in search results.
- Content Promotion: Outreach often includes sharing your high-quality content with others in your niche. If they find your content valuable, they may link to it or share it on their platforms, increasing its visibility and potentially leading to more organic traffic.
- Relationship Building: Outreach involves establishing relationships with other webmasters and influencers in your industry. These relationships can lead to guest posting opportunities, collaborations, and more backlink opportunities.
- Brand Exposure: Outreach can help in spreading the word about your brand and website. When you collaborate with others or get featured on their websites, it can introduce your brand to a broader audience.
- Diverse Link Profile: A well-executed outreach strategy can help you build a diverse and natural-looking link profile, which is crucial for SEO. Having links from a variety of reputable sources can improve your site’s trustworthiness in the eyes of search engines.
What Are Some SEO Outreach Best Practices?
Here are some of the best SEO outreach practices to ensure you are optimising the link building strategy:
- Targeted Outreach: Reach out to websites in your niche for relevant backlinks.
- Quality Content: Create top-notch content that others want to link to.
- Personalised Messaging: Craft tailored outreach emails for better engagement.
- Respectful Follow-Ups: Send polite reminders if you don’t receive a response.
- Ethical Practices: Stick to SEO strategies that align with search engine guidelines.
How Do I Choose the Right SEO Outreach Manager For My Company?
At Integral Media, we understand the importance of selecting the perfect SEO outreach manager to enhance your online presence. Our team boasts a wealth of experience and expertise in various niches, ensuring that your outreach efforts align with your goals. With a solid understanding of SEO principles, creative strategies, and adaptability to industry trends, we offer a transparent and results-oriented approach.
Our commitment to outreach solutions, effective communication, project management, and client satisfaction sets us apart. We’re dedicated to driving your online success and providing the right outreach manager for your unique needs.